Considering the current COVID-19 pandemic, improving your indoor air quality is one of the best ways you can stay protected. And getting your home’s ductwork deep cleaned will help you achieve that.
Just consider the following:
- Do you have a smoker in your house?
- Does anyone in your home suffer from nasal congestion, headaches, or sinus-related problems at night or after waking up?
- Does anyone in your home have asthma, allergies, or other respiratory issues?
- Do you notice stale or musty odors when your air conditioner or furnace is running?
- Do you have pets that are always shedding?
- Do you feel like there is not enough airflow coming from your air vents?
- Do you notice a thin layer of dust on your furniture soon after cleaning?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, it most likely means that the air quality in your home is bad. It could mean that your home’s ducts have become full of contaminants that are being circulated throughout your home every time you run the AC.
Ideally, ducts should be cleaned at least every 3-5 years, depending on factors like the level of pollution in your area. Similarly, if you live somewhere with a high count of pollen (like Connecticut and Pennsylvania), you should get your ducts cleaned professionally at least once every 2 years.