Monday - Sunday

24h Emergency Service

(800) 399 4248

Call Today

Homeowner? READ THIS NOW! 2 Parts of Your Home That May Pose a Danger

duct cleaning

Homeowner? READ

Nobody likes to think of their home as a potential health hazard, but when a home is not properly maintained it can turn into just that. Some potential dangers may be out of our control but many other things can be prevented easily enough. Here are some commonly overlooked things in your home that can pose a danger and you can do something about right now.

Carbon Monoxide, A Silent Killer

Your fireplace is an amazing perk in the winter, it warms you up and offers a break from the bleak weather outside. Not to mention the crackling sound of the burning logs, the amazing smell of fire burning, and the beauty of the dancing flames which can be mesmerizing. But if it is not properly cleaned it can become a silent killer. If your chimney is obstructed there can be carbon monoxide building up. This is more dangerous than most people realize. Carbon monoxide has no smell, and is invisible. This silent killer can be deadly if you do not vent it properly. Thankfully hiring an expert is easy and they can have your chimney cleaned up in a jiffy.  Having a carbon monoxide detector is also a good idea. If you have an obstruction and do  not smell it, the detector will. 

Sweep Your Chimney, Prevent A Fire

Chimney cleaning is not only important to prevent carbon monoxide build-up but creosote as well. Over the course of a year or so your chimney will more than likely build up a lining of creosote. This substance is reminiscent of tar and acts as a solid fuel, making it very dangerous as it can cause a fire when you least expect it. The longer you wait the harder it is to clean it so do not delay. Experts recommend you have your chimney cleaned up at least once a year.

Save Your Respiratory System

Other parts of the house that can pose a health hazard are your air conditioning vents. They seem harmless, don’t they? The fact is that the cold air that passes by these airways condenses the humidity in your house into the water which in turn makes mold. Mold can be detrimental to your respiratory system and should be taken very seriously. Some people also experience brain fog, exhaustion, and other complications when exposed to mold. Mold and other allergens are quite easy to prevent however, a good vent cleaning and duct cleaning will take care of that issue.

Reach Out To Us

If you’re ready to take control of the safety and cleanliness of your home today, you have come to the right people.  Our highly certified team of professionals is trained to handle any home service you might need. Feel free to call us at (866) 847 7454 or get in touch using our contact form.

Comments are closed.