With the COVID-19 pandemic going on and social distancing becoming the new normal, it’s natural for you to avoid hiring home service providers for air duct cleaning, AC repair, and so on. This is because it’s only natural for anyone to want to protect their family and themselves.
But the truth is this virus outbreak is going to continue disrupting our lives for the foreseeable future and most of us may have to stay indoors for extended times. This will put additional stress on home appliances and HVAC systems, which means sooner or later you’re going to have to call in the professionals for repair or installation services.
However, it is recommended to only work with air duct services that have trained their staff to minimize the risk of coronavirus exposure.
- Checking our employees for fever on a daily basis
- Making sure all our employees have shoe covers and gloves to cover themselves while onsite and offsite
- Getting our employees’ uniforms cleaned daily
- Following a strict protocol to clean our service trucks and equipment daily.
If you are considering hiring a company for UV lights installation or air duct cleaning, ask them if they are following the same guidelines or not.
Hiring Air Ducts Services During the Era of Social Distancing – What We Recommend
If your air conditioner, air ducts, chimney, or HVAC system need an emergency repair, you can take the following steps to minimize your risk of getting infected or infecting the HVAC specialist:
- Hold any discussions outside your home or over the phone, if possible
- If you or someone in your family are showing any symptoms, don’t meet the installation experts/technicians
- When a technician need access inside your home, wipe the door handles first
- Avoid shaking hands, sharing pens/papers, and keep a minimum distance of 6 feet away from one another
To limit the potential of additional infection and ensure the health of the technicians, don’t schedule an appointment if you or anyone in your home is showing signs of infection. It’s better to cancel or postpone the appointments until the risk is completely gone.
How United Home Services Is Responding to COVID-19
Our team at United Home Services is adapting to this rapidly evolving situation and implementing necessary safety measures to guarantee the safety of our employees and customers.
Since home service businesses fall into the category of “critical” by the US Department of Homeland Security, our #1 priority is ensuring the health and safety of our customers as well as our technicians.
So, if you need any kind of assistance, from air conditioner repair and chimney cleaning to home insulation and air duct cleaning, feel free to reach out to us. We have a COVID-19 certification for cleaning and disinfecting residential and commercial properties as well, making us uniquely qualified to serve you during the COVID-19 pandemic.