Monday - Sunday

24h Emergency Service

(800) 399 4248

Call Today

Here’s How Your Chimney Could be a Source of Microscopic Threats

chimney service allentown pa

Who doesn’t love a charming chimney peeking up towards the sky as puffs of smoke billow above it? But as you and your family are cozying up to the roaring fire, did it ever occur to you that your elegant chimney could be a source of deadly bacteria and viruses?

If you want to learn more about how your chimney could be the source of sickness, call a chimney service Allentown, PA near you. Meanwhile, you can educate yourself by reading this post.

Creosote

Creosote is a black/dark brown tarry matter that forms in the chimney when wood or coal is burned. Every time you use the fireplace, creosote continues to accumulate.

Since it is also combustible, sparks can easily set off a fire, resulting in the loss of property or worse, lives. The build-up of creosote is actually the main cause of most chimney fires. Its accumulation can also block the chimney vent, trapping dangerous fumes like carbon monoxide in your home.

The only way to eliminate this hidden danger is with routine chimney cleanings performed by certified professionals.

Chimney Obstruction

chimney service allentown paThe chimney acts as a gateway to the outside world, i.e., all sorts of small animals and debris can fall in. if your chimney has also collected quite a few critters, small birds, rodents, and debris, it will be nearly impossible for fumes and smoke to escape.  

A blockage like this can affect the damper as well and prevent it from functioning properly. We have seen so many unsuspecting homeowners getting caught off-guard when smoke starts filling up a room.

Just imagine how catastrophic it could be if an obstruction occurs when the fireplace is left unattended. Protect yourself from this danger and call a professional company for chimney cleaning Allentown, PA.

Flue Damage

A damaged flue is another way you can get exposed to threats that seem invisible to the naked eye.

The flue is the protective lining inside the chimney and its purpose is to make sure that carbon monoxide and smoke are able to go out the chimney. If the flue becomes damaged or cracked, the odorless and toxic gases can get trapped inside your home.

According to the CDC, nearly 50,000 people in the United States are forced to visit the emergency department every year due to accidental carbon monoxide poisoning. It’s recommended to contact a chimney service Allentown, PA to get a digital carbon monoxide detector installed in your home.

United Home Services is Committed to Serving You 24/7

At United Home Services, we offer expert chimney cleaning Allentown, PA by licensed and trained professionals. The weather is changing, but before you think of starting up your furnace or building a fire, it is a good idea to call our skilled and experienced cleaners.

 We have the expertise and all the necessary tools, equipment, and resources to identify and resolve potential concerns quickly and efficiently. From chimney cleaning to air conditioner repair, we can handle it all. Call us toll-free at 800-399-4248 or simply write to us online today!

Comments are closed.